Tuesday, September 26, 2006

It's still D&D to me

Today was my day off, as is tomorrow (ain't I lucky). Well as it were my wife and I sat around trying to figure out what to do with our evening (it of course turned into getting the child to bed was all we had time for, but you know), and of course the possibility of playing some Dungeons and Dragons came up. Now I have been a gamer for over half my life and my wife has gamed even longer then I, so we game quite often. Now I am almost always the DM (or GM if you will), so it falls on me to create great masterful works of plot in a matter of hours (minutes some times). And it occurs to me (that you should never start a sentence with the word and...wait no that's not it) that it is an amazing feat to just come up with a complete story out of thin air in the span of a single evening (no I did not waste my first level feat on that, for all you gamers out there, I took Unfazeable). Now sure I can't do it every night (and not all of it is really great or anything), but the shear amount of plot that has flowed out of me is staggering. If only I had the focus to write a book (I wonder how many GMs have said that). Well I have some work to do on creating an alternate version of earth with a new subtle (yet dangerous) magic system, set in modern times for my wife to go get killed in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home